There’s a humorous, politically incorrect, but partially truly insightful article over on Airborne Gamer explaining why girls suck at video games.
Here’s a quick summary of it:
- Low Interest and Superiority Complex – “There’s an air of superiority when it comes to their attitude towards gaming, like playing games is beneath them. Let’s just, for the moment, ignore the fact that girls play games with our emotions, with our wallets, and above all… our sanity.”
- They are Social Creatures – “She can’t handle not talking… not being social. Solitude drives them insane and there’s really not a lot of sanity to play around with in the first place.”
- Attention Deficit – “If they have to wait for something, they start talking. Talking about random irrelevant shit, anything to fill the blissful silence with content… and they don’t stop.”
- Violence and Competition is Kryptonite – “Girls are biologically wired to avoid violence and competition. They can’t handle it physically, emotionally, or digitally.”
- Reasonable Game Designers Ignore Girls – “The 5% of the games designed for women are non-violent browser-based games with pink ponies eating happy grass in your digital farm shitting digital fertilizer to grow more digital crops.”
- Complaining About Difficulty – “Girls are incapable of being in the moment and just enjoying a game without complaining about every god damned aspect of it that is challenging.”
The jury’s still out on whether this is satire, exaggeration, or straight up trolling, but you can give the obnoxiously entertaining article a couple minutes of your time, to explain to you why Women aren’t traditionally good at video games, by clicking here.